Friday, December 24, 2010

A dream come true...




Back at home (in Adelaide) we have always had this big old Pianola, a beautiful thing, and plenty of scrolls with old-timer songs. One of my favourites was "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas". I'd pump on the pedals, watching the scroll rotate and the keys amazingly play by themselves. And I'd sing along, and the notion of a 'white Christmas' was so distant, so fantastic, and so comforting....and I'd never imagined I would ever experience one.

Now I'm looking out the window, and there's fresh fallen snow on the ground, big beautiful snow-flakes are gently falling, and I look up and seagulls are gliding through the wintry sky...my first white Christmas, and I'm getting a bit sentimental...forgive me.

Merry Christmas.


I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten, and children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white.

No comments:

Post a Comment