Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ukraine

I went to Ukraine in August for a weekend, driving through Belarus. It was an experience to say the least, and friggin' brilliant to say a little more. I had a camera with me but it died on the first day in Kharkhov and I had forgotten the battery-charger of course. The photos are a tad random and most are considerably blurry or out of focus. I like the fact that I don't have many photos of that wonderful trip through Belarus and into Ukraine and back again, it makes me try harder to retain the memories IN MY HEAD! Here are the images that bring back the feeling of that particular voyage into Northern Ukraine.


That cream/green block is the 'Hotel Tourist' where I stayed. There's a pokie hall in the foyer, a security guard that looked like he wanted to roll me, no hot water (despite an assurance that there would be for about 2 hours in the morning), a COMPLETE lack of English knowledge among all staff members, toilet paper seemingly derived from cardboard, and a beautiful view to some form of supermarket which turned out to be pretty much half full of vodka (see below). I wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else (honest).






No comments:

Post a Comment