Monday, October 25, 2010

52 suburbs

In my morning trawl of the internet I discovered an exceptional blog called '52 SUBURBS: A search for beauty in the Sydney 'burbs''. Here's the author's little preface:

My name is Louis. I've lived in Sydney for over 30 years but have never set foot in most of its 600 plus suburbs. Now I'm on a mission to explore and photograph one new Sydney suburb a week for a year in search of the beauty in the 'burb. Care to join me?
You get the picture. The photos are incredibly gorgeous and make me miss Sydney, and Australia in general. The use of binary photographs (I guess that's the right description) is clever and the whole thing makes me want to start venturing into photojournalism myself (watch this space). Of the suburbs I've managed to wander through today a particular favourite of mine has been beautiful Bondi. Thanks Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment